Disclaimer: All weather data is provided on an as is basis. Check time stamps for data and images to make sure you are seeing current conditions.
Status: Weather Data is UP (12/19/12)
Access Bear Valley Wiki Weather on your cellphone: www.ourbv.com/weather/index.wml.
Updated Sun Jan 6: Add your Jan 5 2008 storm pics or video to this PikiWiki page ... (open page, click on Edit).
NOAA/NWS/NRL Satellite and Radar Imagery
ATTN: CW4253 is Bear Valley. Always check time stamp, note Zulu/UTC time is 8 hours ahead of PST (F5 key ensures latest image):
GOES IR West Sat Image
GOES WaterVapor West Sat Image
Sierra Nevada Visible Sat (NRL)
Eastern Pac Water Vapor (NRL)
Eastern Pac IR/WV/LowCloud (NRL)
Live Weather Data from Bear Valley
Real Time weather data updated every 3 seconds from a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station, located on Quaking Aspen Road, Bear Valley. Click on the Webcam button to see the snow gauge. Note: The rain gauge is accurate only above freezing temps and that melting snow (in the rain bucket) will show up as rainfall. For snowfall, check out the snow gauge on Webcams, which has a red line for every foot. The 10' mark is at the top of the '10' and the other depths are just below their numbers.
NOTE: for Bear Valley residents, note that the above Real Time weather page gives you three temperature indications from three separate temperature sensors:
- Temperature (left most gauge): located in an aspirated radiation shield in the clear, for air temps warmed by sun (if any).
- Shade: located in shade underneath a gazebo, for air temps in the shade. FIXED.
- Crawlspace: located in the homes crawlspace, about 2 feet above the dirt, near the water pipes.
Weather Pages Updated every ten minutes automatically. Here you can find all the details you want about current weather conditions including forecast, radar images, and detailed weather data from the Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station. The weather station is also feeding live data into NOAA's Mesonet network. You can also find NOAA reporting this weather station at Bear Valley CW4253 NOAAand if you look in the Bear Valley vicinity of this NOAA surface observation map you'll find the Bear Valley weather station there as well.
Weather Forecast Point forecast from NOAA
Bear Valley Ski Resort hourly conditions as reported from weather instruments on the Mountain at Bear Valley Ski Resort. Useful for snowfall rate in the winter, though data updated hourly, at best... it's not unusual for this to be down for days at a time, esp during the winter when it's useful. Check here for a great page on bearvalley.com about their weather instrumentation.
Ebbetts Pass (Hwy 4) 8700' elevation weather weather
Snow Depth at Bloods Creek.
Caltrans Hwy 4 Conditions Check here before heading up Highway 4.
Weather Data from NOAA, NWS, misc
Wunderground weather... real time data coming from this Bear Valley Wiki weather station.
SNOW-FORECAST.com 0-3 days out most accurate forecast of snow vs rain ... see other snow-forecast links below
Official NWS Forecast for Bear Valley. More pinpointed forecast than in Detailed Weather Data link up above.
Intellicast radar analysis. Integrates snow level vs precip... take a look.
Sierra Avalanche Center report, from Truckee Ranger Station.
Short term and current conditions from Sacramento office.
24 hr Jetstream forecast. Useful to see if it's a warm or cold storm.
- 24 hour Sat loop of Eastern Pacific, excellent view on what's coming our way. More excellent analysis products can be found at College of Dupage WX site.
- Hawaii to West Coast IR Loop. Thanks to Dweeb Report for this one.
- Sacramento Sat image. Still or animated. Nice.
- NOAA Sat site. Go here for ALL of it.
- GOES West site... all kinds of still and loops.
- Reno NV Ridge Radar Display, more accurate rain/snow echoes than the Sac link below.
- Sacramento CA Ridge Radar Display, check this before hitting the road to/from the Bay area. Pretty much covers SF Bay area to Bear Valley.
- San Francisco Ridge Radar Display, sort of redundant with the Sac radar.
- Northern Cal Nexrad hi res radar, nice animation.
- Dweeb Report nice collection of weather links and analysis from a real estate agent (yeah, but this one actually knows something about weather:) over at Mammoth.
- Bear Valley forecast... not technical, but better than reading NWS.
- Ed Berry's blog, a very technical weather forecast discussion. Mentioned on the Dweeb report too. If you think you understand climate processes, read this blog and be humbled. Update: Ed has stopped updating his blog as he seems to have taken other commitments on. Too bad for us.
Probability of SNOW > 4" in next 24 hours and in next 48 hours.
Sierra Crest (near Lake Tahoe) at 8700 feet, hourly weather data.
Squaw Valley (High Camp) at 8200 Ft, hourly weather data.
Reno Atmosphere wx data vs altitude, find altitude of freezing temps. Click Text for easier reading.
Forecast discussion from NOAA forecasters in NWS Sacramento. The snow-forecast.com site is now usually more accurate (for snow levels/amount) than the NWS itself.
Forecast discussion from NOAA NWS Reno, NV
Forecast discussion from NOAA NWS San Francisco
Climate Prediction Center from NOAA - National Weather Service - Long range forecasts
Forecast from snow-forecast.com and Snowfall forecast from same. Hit the play button to see the rollout of snow events from today to 3 days from now. The site used to have a red dot for Bear Valley but seem to have lost it, again.
Weather in Saratoga: http://www.banburys.org/wx/ (add your city here)
Another Saratoga weather site: Saratoga
Want to learn more about weather... here is one of the best web sites on all things weather.
NRL satellite images courtesy of Naval Research Lab in Monterey, CA. For more images and edu-info, see satellite meteorology.